Well the Slinky antenna failed. Seems I went through this before and failed. Anyhow yesterday when it was almost dark I slapped up a 53ft endfed. I scabbed together a bunch of pieces of 14thhn until I hit the magical 53ft. Took the 9:1 unun from the slinky antenna. Then I climbed the tree again for my rope and bungie. I hope it doesn't matter that the source is higher than the end. It's going south-south-east to north-north-east. Maybe this will work for Tuesday.
Dangit. I keep forgetting about that phone box hanging by it's wires.
It was this or spend 27$ at HRO for a hamstick. Mmmm, that sounds kind of tasty right now. Need to check the fridge for some hickory farms snacks. Anyhow, back to this. I'm kind of short on cash at the moment. So I revisited this old idea. Build list is as follows.
- This is the same fishing pole from field day. 20' Shakespear crappie pole.
- The two slinkys I've had for awhile, but originally got from Wally World. I used to take them with me whenever my wife would want to go shopping. I will play with them on the escalators. Nothing like a little embarassment to hurry the shopping experience along. Pretty handy not having any couth or be embarassed by doing retarded things or just oblivous to such things. Being retarded helps.
- A 9:1 Unun from China, given to me by Craig WB5KUO.
- The tripod was from M&M Wholesalers.
- A bunch of little things from the junk box.
- And the pièce de résistance one of my 25' tape measures for the counterpoise. Easily adjustable and easily stowed in my bag. I wish I had thought of this sooner.
No idea if it works. It receives awesomely.
Well I have the server wall mostly done in the ham shack and functioning. I still have a bunch of camera work to do. Rewire and replacement of many. It might seem like overkill, but does have a purpose. It's identical to my job. I can do testing here before releasing into my production environment.
Well running the wire was a breeze. Took about 5 minutes in total. Bending this stuff was a little more demanding, but I got it installed. Had a bit of a scare when I found the 10g feed was melted. Not sure what caused that. Total draw on the garage is 16 amps.
The wall has been built and now we're fixing the drywall and upgrading the electric. Here's the SER wire for the branch panel. You might think this is over kill, but I'm also installing an air conditioner and a tankless water heater too. I got all my radio gear moved to the garage and checking current draw from different devices. I get done with the drywall I may pay someone to do the tape and beding.