We've started on the garage by redoing the ceiling and building a partition between the step up in the garage. Tried my hand at tape and bedding and I think I really suck at it. Pictures don't look straight but that an optical illusion of the camera.
I thought I had made breakdowns for all my antenna projects, but I guess I was just sending them in emails to people that asked for them. Here's the loadout for the Fishing pole antenna. This started as a 53' end fed vee with a 9:1 unun that branched into two different antenna. Project29 and this.
- Caribeaners from a hamfest somewhere. Irving I think. 3$
- Paracord from Dollar Tree 3$
- Shakespeare 20' Crappie pole from Amazon 20$
- Landscape stakes from Lowes 9$
- Guy ring made poly-carbonate golf car windshield 0$
- rope tensioners made from poly-carbonate golf car windshields 0$ (Check out these alternate tensioners)
- 22gu stained wire at 29ft length. 11$ 100' roll on Amazon (Not seen)
- 9:1 Unun 0$ Donated to the project by Craig Coley WB5KUO (Not seen) the exact model ebay listing
There's also a couple of jubilee clamps to keep it from collapsing from guy rope tension. Also I have 4 bundles of 8 1m radials that I use on everything portable I have. Pet boarder fence wire is super cheap for this.
I was going to make some rope tensioners when I thought maybe Amazon has something cheap that I wouldn't have to waste good poly-carbonate and get a heat stroke in the garage. Then I found these. 7$ and came same day. I was a little disappointed when they came in. They came in a large jiffy pack and the contents were smaller than the palm of my hand. The first cord was a struggle as it was the larger normal size, but worked well. The rest of the cords were the smaller 25ft ones I bought at Dollar Tree and they fit perfect. Took about 10 minutes to string up all 6 cords on my 29ft end feed vertical, but took only a few seconds to get the vertical straight. Very good buy.
I only named this Project29 so it was easier to search in my email and notes. This started over here. This really started as an idea of an antenna for the attic and just evolved into this. The 9:1 you see here will actually go in my attic with 53ft of border fence wire. No idea how that's going to work out.