Picked up a lot of what was 5 bikes but passed on two of them. Out of all the parts I was able build this bike. I've already put new tires and tubes on it. The seat and pedals came off my Ecotric. I'm going to pull the aluminium brake grips off of the silver bike. I'll probably order another Tourney shifter set and a set of cruiser handlebars. Also picked up a trainer for cheap as well. The purple dirt jump bike I already stripped everything off except the cranks. I'll probably put the primary sprockets on the new bike to have the chain guard(not seen in pic).
I picked me up a new bike stand yesterday at a steal of a price. It was an Amazon return that apparently the previous Amazon purchaser tried to assemble backwards. Makes you wonder what their bike repair skills were like. In the first 20 minutes of usage I was able to adjust Duncan's and Goob's shifters without needing a third hand. I have some proper pedals coming in today and I need to swap the brakes around. The bike came in with the front brake on the right like a motor cycle or an English bike. It not that it's a problem that way for me, but somebody wanting to try the bike out might hurt them self not knowing that.
I finally made a PTT for the bike. Took a bit until I found a suitable switch holder. Also found out that the socket is not the same as previous radios, no 2k ohm resister required. The final bracket I used was a cheap bicycle reflector bracket.
- Switch from a my desk drawer at work. No idea what it's for.
- Excess wire from bike headlight
- 1/8 plug from the old radio in the truck that doesn't work for the FTM100
- Tail reflector holder from my new bike that I dug back out of my trash to use for this project.
- Molle HT holder from my desert combat plate carrier (that probably cost something at one time)
More images here.
I haven't written in a while and haven't posted anything to my social accounts. That one is mainly because ping.fm took a dump. I have been still working on projects but also doing this exercise thing. A word I will never use again. Projects I have going on in the mix.
- Ecotric eBike mods, and experiences
- Kat's Vista cruiser restore
- Camping gear setup for upcoming POTA
- My portable rig upgrades and antennas. (Previous article)
I have two hamfests coming up. Irving on 7-12 and Belton on 7-14. Also coming up Texas POTA to start my summer camping.
Friend of mine at work sold me an aquarium at a really sweet price I couldn't refuse. I spent a few more dollars at Amazon and Petsmart. I modified the filter intake with a little air powered standalone filter. The idea is to reduce regularity of breaking down the bigger pump for clean out. So the order goes pre-filter foam -> ceramic to -> big pump carbon -> ceramic -> bio balls -> back to the tank. Floss between all except the pre-filter. To those that knew me growing up I am not doing the massive aquariums everywhere in the house like on Newton street. I am going to get one more 100 to 150 gallon tank to do salt water and the small tank here is going to be for feeders. I am going to do living plants in this tank and living rock in the saltwater tank when I build it. I haven't decided if I'm going to build the next tank or just buy. Last time I did go a bit overboard with the 250's. The childrens museum did make good use of them when I donated them.