Boat Project 2021
2020-12-10 Preliminary Pictures
2021-01-09 300$ Bass Boat Project (VIDEO)
2021-01-16 Boat Project - Sketchy
2021-01-18 Trolling Motor Mount
2021-01-19 Raining Slow day: Rod Hatching Carpet
2021-01-20 New Arrivals from Amazon (VIDEO)
2021-01-26 EZ-Troll trolling motor tillerbar
2021-01-28 300$ Boat Project: Bits and Bobbles (VIDEO)
2021-02-04 300$ Boat Project: Rotten Transom (VIDEO)
2021-02-04 300$ Boat Project: Seat replacement issues
2021-02-10 300$ Boat Project: Depth Finder install (VIDEO)
2021-02-21 300$ Boat Project: Transom Woes
I was under the boat this morning and saw the damage my keil has been taking in only three trips that I figured I better do something about it. I found a chunk of PVC conduit and went to work on the band saw and belt sander. Then came back with a wet rag and the heat gun to come up with this. Now I just need to run to the Ham Depot or Lowes Ham Improvement store and get some 3M double sided tape.
Did a bit of modding this week. Made this little light bar for my kayak to have my nav light and use my gopro. But I can stick anything on it. I also got a 1" flange ball and medium coupler from Ram to mount my FTM400 in the truck better. Juan Rico made me a trailer to make it easier to haul my boat to the shore. Video here. Almost spent 50$ on these, but ended up making my own out of PVC for less than 10$. I installed a few SAE flat plug connects on the boat to make assembling and charging easier.
Aside from getting a nasty sunburn I took my kayak out last Saturday. In that time I found some flaws .
- The kayak is very heavy and I need to build a cart for it. (Jaun Rico is making that this week)
- My toolbox straps had to be removed every time I open it. (Moved them down lower and am installing an Antenna.)
- Anchor cleat was too far away (Moved closer up the gear track)
- No nav lights (Wasn't night, but technically under way is day or night)
- Battery pack got wet in the front of the boot (I have hatches coming Friday will put them inside the boat)
- anchor was too light. Need to be heavier and have a leader chain. (Picking up a 5lb Friday)
One thing you can't see is there is an anchor trolley for changing the position of the boat when the anchor is deployed.