I created THE10DT for us commutors and radio enthusiasts that frequent the 146.840 repeater in Fort Worth during morning and afternoon rush hour, but not limited to. Anyone is welcome to come in. I didn't assemble it for privacy but so that we didn't step on any toes of the regulars on Texas Nexus that may have had a routine like we do on the 10. So with that said I sunk the cash to build this setup and here's what it consists of.
- An HRI-200 that without this we wouldn't have a room. Purchased from HRO in Plano, TX $$
- An FTM100DR and SMB-201 that has to be sacrificed to the Yaesu gods before this whole contraption will work. Purchased from HRO in Plano, TX $$$
- An old HP Xeon E5 that know next to nothing about, but works mostly. Special thanks to Gary W5GGH.
- 80A DPDT Contactor to switch to battery if the grid fails. Purchased from Amazon. $
- APC 1000VA UPS. Pulled from a production enviroment as it was eating batteries.
- Massive AGM out of an electric bus. Special thanks to Ben and Dago for allowing me to swap out my old bad batteries for the skechy maybe good maybe bad batteries before recycler pickup at not cost. That really helps projects like this.
- 35A Power supply from M&M Merchandisers. This was pulled from production as well for catching fire. It sit on a shelf at work for 5 years then sit on my home work bench for another 5 years before I cracked it open and found it was just a cratered rectifier and that I had some in my toolbox for a Club Car PD2 charger.
- MMDVM & RPI running Pi-Star as a YSF reflector. It will go down if power fails. I might fix that later. $
- A Tram 1480 antenna perched at 16', but am looking for small tower pieces to set it at 27'8" to stay within the limits of city ordinance. (not shown)
Infrustuture is handled here about 15 feet to the left of my ham shack. From left to right and top to bottom.
Cisco clustered AP /down Fortigate FGT60C Firewall appliance / Spectrum modem / Dell R710 /down Patch panel / Netgear GS748T 48 port managed switch / Security DVR DS-7308HFI-ST (Special thanks to Ben King for offering this when the company did an upgrade) /down A whole lot of power strips and wall warts. / APC 750XL Smart-UPS /down 4 East Penn Deka Group 31 AGM batteries. Two series packs parralleled for a solid 24V that lasts days of grid.