300$ Boat Project: Transom Woes

I haven't taken allot of pictures or video of this part, but here's where I'm at with the transom. I didn't really want to do it this way, but I was down to this point where the wood wasn't being so forgiving to come out.  I did manage to get the piece I cut out cleaned and patched up and ready to put back in. I have the same oyster color top coat coming in to cover it all up when I'm done. I won't have much use for the rest of the can of paint so I'm going to try a small amount and test if my micro pearls will mix with it and be stable. If so I'm going to pull all the stainless hardware off and all five of us are going to spend a little time sanding and taping off the top of this boat. I'll try to get as close as I can to the base colour of the top without the glitter. If I document it like I do my worms I should be able to replicate the colour over and over when damage occurs.

This morning while I was waiting for the temperature to come up for all this joyful time I cleaned off the surface of my desk. Been along time since I've seen the wood tone.

Pictures here

This is where you can find my other ramblings